WHO CAN OBTAIN THE BLUE CARD?
The permit can be obtained by a foreigner, who meets the following requirements:
- has concluded an employment contract, outwork contract or a civil-law agreement based on which he/she performs work, provides services or remains in employment relationship, for a period of at least 1 year (Article 127 point 1 letter a);
- meets qualification requirements and other conditions in the case of the intent to perform work in regulated profession within the meaning of Article 2 point 1 of the Act of 18 March 2008 on principles of recognition of professional qualifications acquired in the Member States of the European Union (Article 127 point 1 letter b);
- has higher professional qualifications (Article 127 point 1 letter c);
- has health insurance within the meaning of the Act of 27 August 2004 on healthcare services financed from public funds or the confirmation of the insurer covering costs of treatment on the territory of the Republic of Poland (Article 127 point 1 letter d);
- has consent of the responsible authority for holding the particular position, practicing profession or carrying out other activities if the obligation to obtain such consent prior to concluding the contract/agreement is imposed by separate regulations (Article 127 point 1 letter e);
- the entity entrusting this work to a foreigner is unable to satisfy its human resource needs on the local labour market (Article 127 point 2);
- the gross remuneration indicated in the contract shall not be less than PLN 5,475.09 per month (Article 127 point 3).
DOCUMENTS NECESSARY TO OBTAIN THE PERMIT FOR TEMPORARY RESIDENCE FOR THE PURPOSES OF PERFORMING WORK REQUIRING HIGH QUALIFICATIONS
- 3 applications for the temporary residence permit filled in;
- 4 current, colour photographs, 45×35 mm;
- 2 copies of a binding travel document;
- labour market test or information justifying lack of a need to present the labour market test (Article 127 point 2 of the Act of 12 December 2013 on foreigners);
- employment contract, outwork contract or a civil-law agreement concluded for a period of at least 1 year (Article 127 point 1 letter a);
- documents confirming higher professional qualifications (university education equivalent, see Article 127 point 1 letter c) – e.g. the diploma confirming university study graduation with a supplement, translated by a certified translator;
- document confirming having health insurance or confirmation of the insurer covering costs of treatment on the territory of the Republic of Poland (Article 127 point 1 letter d);
- information on the annual gross remuneration specified in the contract, based on a monthly or annual remuneration, not lower than the remuneration set in the Regulation of the Minister of Interior Affairs (Article 127 point 3).